The photos are from the Interview, pre&post show….
ps. The show (sold-out I heard!) was fantastic and full of energy. It’s easy to visualize them holding their own at any festival.
The Interview details are below…
Northern Irish band “Two Door Cinema Club” kick off their N.American tour in my fair city of Ottawa on Thurs Jan 13. They’re co-headlining with Canada’s Tokyo Police Club.
I’m quite happy to interview this band as I placed their March 2010 CD “Tourist History” #2 in my top CDs of 2010. And this was even *before* they their recent nomination for the “Choice Music Prize” (!!), which is Ireland’s recognition for best CD of 2010. Think UK’s Mercury Prize or Canada’s Polaris — and that’s what they’re up for. Not too shabby for a new band’s debut CD.
The interview with lead vocalist Alex Trimble, Sam Halliday (guitar), and Kevin Baird (bass) discusses….
- Their Canada/US Sep 11 tour
- their Blur/Oasis ‘musical duel to the death!’ with fellow UK band Delphic
- why they don’t have (and for now, don’t want) a drummer
- CD 2… its developments, direction, tone, and sources of inspiration
- their new (& shared!) home
- new (CD2) songs you’ll hear on tour…starting with “Handshake” in Ottawa
- life & growing up/hanging out in Bangor (Sam, Kevin) & Donaghadee (Alex), Northern Ireland
- their start in music and infiltration into the Belfast music scene
- managing relationships (eg, girlfriends, family) in their personal lives while on the road